Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hijackery, the Heinous Haxxor and Half-Life

In the words of so many thirteen year-old Myspace girls, "ZOMG!". See, I am what is referred to as "an idiot". And as such, it is my job to make a fool out of myself in many amusing and difficult-to-remedy fashions. Some of my most recent work is giving my Steam account away. By giving, I mean allowing someone that I do not know to find out my password, log in to my account and change my password.

I did all of the standard things, such as inform Steam and... well... that's it. That's all I can do about it. I am completely powerless against this heinous haxxor. Almost sounds like some disturbed Superman villain. Heinous Haxxor away! *flies off*...

Hmm... I'm not so sure how the H.H. did it, but I'm definately not being keylogged or anything like that, so it's safe to assume I clicked on a fake Steam popup that requested my password and username...

Other thing:
My friend recently gifted me the original Half-Life, seeing as it was temporarily about a 85 cents (USD). I was ecstatic, as I had only ever played Half-Life 2 and its subsequent episodic expansions. I was not ecstatic for too long. After playing it for a while, it came to my distracted attention that I had been gifted the Cut-Version of Half-Life 1. This does not mean less gameplay aspects, maps, levels, no online, weapons or the like. It means:

- No blood spray. The only blood appears on walls and the floor at scripted positions.
- No gibs. When enemies or allies are caught in an explosion, their model fades away. Literally.
- None of my friends die. Instead, they sit down and shake their head in disappointment. "Oh golly, I am so very disappointed that I have been shot in the face with a pistol. Bother! That really puts a hamper on my day..."
- I can't kill any humans. The enemies' models have been replaced with robots. Robots! I mean, robots are cool and all, but I want to take out my blood-lust on humans, just like nature intended.
- In the rare case that gibs are needed, say, falling out of a monster's mouth, they're replaced with, wait for it... Metal springs, small gears, small cogs and tricycle wheels!

Yes, I am feeling your sympathy. Thank you.

Well, I emailed Steam about this, too. I was told to completely re-install Steam. That means I have to re-install all of my games. And, I have to re-download the ones I did not buy in a store. That means:

- Team Fortress 2
- Half-Life 2
- Portal
- Half-Life 2: Episode 1
- Half-Life 2: Episode 2
- Peggle Extreme (No real loss there...)
- Source SDK (Not a game, but I use it!)
- Garry's Mod (Have to download!)
- Counter-Strike: Source (Have to download!)
- Half-Life (Have to download!)

Not to mention mods...

Anyway, I've been attention-seeking to no one for long enough. Goodbyes, no one!

No comments:

Post a Comment