Friday, November 13, 2009

Ain't no post title obvious enough to to keep me from using it

I was bored at 3:00 A.M. (what else is 3:00 A.M. for?) the other night and decided to make a list of "unused lyrics" from the song Ain't No Mountain High Enough, by some African-American artist that I couldn't care less about. Let's see this list of lists, shall we? No, we shall not. Before you freeloader(s) abuse my infinite generosity by having me give my absolutely masterful use of puns and observations away for free, I want to talk about some things I am working on - or rather muddling up with my over-enthusiastic lack of skill and knowledge.

I'm currently working on a small-ish (it might grow larger as it progresses) map for Half-Life 2: Episode Two, tentatively called "travel". As it currently stands, it consists of a room, a tunnel, a pool of water and some rocky debris, but as my legion of faithful readers know, I am dearly committed to a fully-functioning and consistent product that delivers what it promises. Every aspect of this experience (the word "map" is far too limiting for my scope of creativity) is planned out and looks absolutely engaging, entertaining, challenging and -let's not kid about here- perfect in my mind, which is the best piece of paper that any designer could ever hope for, lest their eyeballs don't explode like poorly-wired fireworks that take off a small child's hand due to the very complex and powerful... power of my brain.

Now, let's continue with tonight's scheduled content. Here's the list:

Ain't no...
- Curry spicy enough.
- C.D. scratched enough.
- Armchair comfy enough.
- Ikea maze-like enough.
- Online game laggy enough.
- Elderly person incontinent enough.
- Pen lost enough.
- British sit-com bawdy enough.
- Scrubs episode overly pseudo-quirky enough.
- 16-year-old skin-diseasey enough.
- R.P.G. menu-driven enough.
- Poorly constructed electronics Chinese enough.
- Difficult-to-spell word difficult enough to spell... enough.
- Poorly constructed sentence poorly constructed enough. See above.
- Hat unnecessary enough.
- Alarm clock alarming enough.
- Teen vampire novel shallow enough.
- Old sneakers smelly enough.
- /b/ thread pointless enough.
- Flintstones Stone Age pun lame enough.
- Morning bed sheets inexplicably gritty enough.
- Internet fame fleeting enough.
- Wireless device difficult-to-connect enough.
- List long enough.
...To keep me from posting it.

So there we go; the fruit of my 3:00 A.M. creativity. How sadly telling that is... Anyway, the map is coming along and will very soon be fully functioning, if not considerably moreso. Yes, it makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment