Sunday, June 14, 2009

Insert usless title here. Or not; I'm up for whatever...

Again, I am sitting here late at night, watching Back to the Future and committing myself to this fruitless blog. One of my friends claims that the 90s teenage sit-com Kenan and Kel is better than Futurama. This is ludicrous! Futurama's themes of social and political satire are witty and presented with a great plot. We can associate our current sociopolitical state with the post-war/famine/holocaust hellhole of the 30th century. How can one relate to Kenan and Kel? "Oh no, I accidentally locked myself in a neighbour's house!" or "Oh no, we ran out of orange soda!" or "Oh no, my father hates my bumbling comic-foil of a best friend and expressed his rage through the majestic medium of screaming!". It doesn't nearly have the same effect, eh? My friend obviously has some more thinking to do regarding his television favouritism.

Speaking of Futurama, I am in a constant, permanent and invariable state of elation now that Futurama has been renewed for a second time! This is wonderful news for myself and all people like myself. Nerds. You happy now? I said what we were all thinking. Well, I typed what we were all thinking. Well, I typed what I was thinking. Well, to be honest, I'm really not too sure if I even thought that, come to think of it. What, I'm confused - what am I thinking about again?

But enough of that tired joke, here's one that I prepared earlier! I thought of a new superhero called Efficient Online Game Man. He is able to use his special Internet Vision to seek out playable servers! He is faster than a nerd's connection! He's able to leap Asian pings in a single bound! He can refresh his server list faster than you can say "Kicked: Ping was too high." Meh, it looked better in my mind, rather than on the Internet where everyone can see my abominations unto humor.

As far as the videos are coming, they are not. I am lazily flicking through various YouTube videos for a new Fake Translation, as well as a Brady Bunch parody and a very introspective yet funny mash-up of clips. That's all that I will divulge as of yet because you, lone reader, require an incentive to visit again! Please tell me that you're going to visit again. Please. I need people to admire me... *sobs*...

I am unsure as to how to end this post (what's new?), so as I have done so well in the past, I will simply allow the momentum of this paragraph to peter out into obscurity.

...

The end? Is that what I should write? Yeah, that'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment