Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Losing Steam

I really need a new graphics card. Now that the epoch of Realtek is over, I can focus on my research of graphics cards for my computer. The thing is, I am losing steam with gaming - don't get me wrong, I love games more than any other media, but the games that I am currently stuck with are not really cutting it anymore. They're:

- Team Fortress 2
- Left 4 Dead
- Counter-Strike: Source
- Garry's Mod

As great as they are, I am losing my patience. Team Fortress 2 is great! I have all of the new weapons now, thanks to Valve's shonky re-addition of milestones, but this is not enough to keep my interest. I feel that Left 4 Dead is great and that I've not spent enough time with it, but there is hardly a community for it anymore, and if there is, they are all American (I am Australian); this coupled with the really, really, really, really bad matchmaking system is enough to make me stop playing all together. Let's not forget about the lack of campaigns and the looming take-over of Left 4 Dead 2, but that rant is for another post. Counter-Strike: Source is suffering from the same problem as Team Fortress 2: not enough variety. And Garry's Mod? Nothing too wrong with it, except that I am really craving a nice, long, heavy, story-driven single player experience. I know where to find it, too.

Fallout 3 eludes me with its shiny, crisp graphics that would fry my poor nVidia 9400 GT. Sure the card has 1 G.B. of RAM, but the RAM of a video card hardly makes a difference these days... Sure, technically I could run Fallout 3, but forget branching story lines and free-roaming exploration; my only two in-game choices would be to either run it on low or run it on medium and endure the lag.

I don't lie to myself and pretend that everyone wants to hear how I feel, unlike so many other bloggers. I understand that you must be reading (or most likely not reading) in search of some kind of gain for yourself - so I will end on some sort of mildly humorous joke or anecdote that is more likely to make you wince than laugh. That way, no one can say I didn't at least try to be entertaining.

What do a proctologist and an accountant have in common? They both work it out with a pencil. What do a prostitute and a good accountant have in common? They both work it out with their head.

Ahh... How shithouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment